WHAT WE DO
ATNS is responsible for air traffic control in approximately 10% of the world’s airspace. Our services extend further than the familiar air traffic control service, into the provision of vitally important aeronautical information used for all flight planning purposes as well as search and rescue coordination activities and the maintenance of a reliable navigation infrastructure.
- The supply of aeronautical information services, technical maintenance and aerodrome services;
- Alert, search and rescue co-ordination services;
- Management of the flexible use of airspace through the Central Airspace Unit (CAMU);
- Support for special events and special requirements such as test flights, demonstration flights, etc;
- The implementation and maintenance of a terrestrial-based navigational structure;
- The training of licensed air traffic controllers and technical staff through the Aviation Training Academy (ATA).